by Tarla Dalal
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8434 times
Appetizingly good looks, mind-blowing taste and the yummiest of textures – these Pizza Twists have all that it takes to rank a snack as a blockbuster!
Strips of pizza dough are baked with a tongue-tickling layer of homemade pizza sauce, cheese and a few herby strokes too. The outcome is a fabulous treat that can be served as a snack, starter or accompaniment. Serve it fresh and warm to experience the cheesy, saucy feel on your palate!
Pizza Twists make a fitting accompaniment to soups , Tea , coffee , juice , milkshakes and goes wonderfully well as a side dish with Pastas .
- Make criss-cross on the base of the tomatoes and place them in boiling water and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the skin begins to peel.
- Drain the tomatoes, cool slightly, peel, deseed and roughly chop them and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared tomato pulp, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the pizza sauce into 3 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Combine 1 tbsp of lukewarm water and dry yeast in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-water mixture, olive oil, sugar and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 225 (9”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Prick the circle using a fork at regular intervals.
- Apply a portion of the pizza sauce, 2 tbsp grated cheese and ¼ tsp oregano evenly over it.
- Cut into 7 equal vertical strips using a sharp knife.
- Place each strip on a greased baking tray lightly and twist both the ends.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat steps 2 to 7 to make 14 more strips.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per pizza twist
|Vitamin A||55 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.