Pizza in A Pan, No Oven Pizza Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1261 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 161356 times
Surprise, surprise! Now, you can make mouth-watering pizzas at home, even if you do not have a convection or microwave oven. All you need is a broad non-stick pan and a bit of tact. This delicious Pizza-in-a-Pan is colourful and attractive, with a range of lip-smacking toppings and seasonings ranging from colourful capsicums, crunchy baby corn and juicy zucchini, to a tangy pizza sauce, and of course loads of cheese. The secret to making the perfect pizza in a pan, is to cook on a very slow flame as these pizzas tend to cook faster than in an oven and will get crisp soon. If you cook it on a high flame, it will get burnt even before all the toppings are cooked. So, if you patiently cook it on a slow flame, the outcome will be absolutely delightful!
- Make criss cross on the base of the tomatoes and place them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or till the skin begins to peel.
- Drain the tomatoes, cool completely, peel, deseed and roughly chop them and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared tomato pulp, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Place a pizza base on a clean, dry surface, put ¼th of the pizza sauce and spread it evenly.
- Place a few capsicum, babycorn and zucchini evenly over it.
- Finally sprinkle, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and ¼ cup of cheese evenly over it.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan and add 2 tsp of ghee.
- Place the pizza in it and cover it with a lid and cook on a slow flame for approx. 4 to 5 minutes or till the base is crispy and the cheese has melted.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 3 more pizzas.
- Cut each pizza into 4 pieces and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per pizza
|Vitamin A||720.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||58.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||46.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.