Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1146 times
Pinwheels present an eye catching sandwich roll recipe with a spicy potato based mixture as filling,. The bread rolls are then cut into slices just like pinwheels and enjoyed batter fried, grilled or baked as snack or breakfast.
Add your private note
Pinwheels recipe - How to make Pinwheels
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
6 slices of bread
2 LARGEPOTATOES-BOILED AND GRATED
1 ONION-FINELY CHOPPED
1/4 CUP CORRIANDER-FINELY CHOPPED2 tbsp oil
1/2 TSP ZEERA
2 GREEN CHILLIES-DESEEDED AND FINLE CHOPPED
1/4 TSP GARM MASALA POWDER1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)1/4 tsp chilli powder salt to taste
1 TBS TOMATO KETCHUP
MAIDA MIXED WITH WATER TO MAKE A SEALING PASTE
- 1.heat oil,add zeera and cook till golden.add green chillies and onions.cook till onions turn transparent.add salt,haldi,garm masala,red chilli powder.add the potatoes and corriander.mix well.add the tomamto ketchup.keep this filling aside.
- 2.cut the side of the slice,keep it flat on a rolling board.
- 3.press by applying forcewith a rolling pin so that the holes of the bread close. keep aside.
- 4.similarly roll another slice.
- 5.keep both the slices slightly overlapping at one end about 1/4 inch to get a long piece.joint the edges by applying some maida paste on the joint.
- 6.spread the filling on the breads ,press the filling.roll carefully.
- 7.seal the ends with maida paste.
- 8.deep fry each roll in hot oil till golden.cut into 4 pieces and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by aysha_201 on 02 Jun 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.