Pear Rabdi with Oats Milk, Lactose Free
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3464 times
Typical milk-based desserts like rabdi and kheer are often thought to be out-of-bounds by lactose-intolerant people.
Fret not! Here is a fabulously tasty Pear Rabdi with Oats Milk. Perfect for those facing lactose intolerance, this creamy dessert has a luscious mouth-feel and a beautiful fruity flavour.
The oats milk appears to be a bit sticky when you make it, but don’t worry, it will be just fine after you refrigerate the Pear Rabdi.
However, have it within an hour of preparation to avoid lumpiness.You can also try your hand at other lactose free desserts like Almond Berry and Coconut Cake and No Bake Oats Muesli and Peanut Butter Cookies .
- Combine the oats and 3 cups of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Put the strainer in a deep bowl and put the muslin cloth over it.
- Pour the mixture and strain it well to get smooth milk.
- Transfer the milk into a deep non-stick pan, add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the pear, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Refrigerate for at least ½ hour and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.