Paneer Vegetable Idli
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2003 times
An off-beat idli that’ll delight every diner. Combining crunchy veggies and succulent paneer into a batter of besan and semolina, the Paneer Vegetable Idli is a tasty and handy addition to your cookbook as it’s made with common ingredients and requires no grinding or fermentation.
It is essential to serve this idli immediately after steaming to enjoy the best taste and texture. Serve it with Chutney and Sambhar .
Add your private note
Paneer Vegetable Idli recipe - How to make Paneer Vegetable Idli
Soaking time: 30 minutes Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 15 minutesMakes 25 idlis
- Combine the rava, besan, curds and ¼ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients, except the fruit salt and ¼ cup of water and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water and mix gently.
- Pour spoonfuls of the batter into each of the greased idli moulds.
- Steam in an idli steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till they are cooked.
- Once the idlis are cooked, cool them slightly. Dip a spoon in the water and using this spoon loosen the sides of idli and demould them. Keep aside.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more idlis.
- Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.