Paneer Tikka Sizzler
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 912 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 140307 times
Succulent pieces of paneer marinated in a tantalizing tandoori masala grilled to perfection and served with pulao, a stuffed capsicum and tangy makhani gravy. If you like, serve some grilled onions with it too.
- Combine the curds, gram flour, ginger paste, garlic paste, chilli powder, kasuri methi, garam masala, coriander, salt and 1 tablespoon of mustard oil and mix well to prepare a marinade.
- Add the paneer, onions and capsicum to it and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Arrange the paneer, onions and capsicum on 4 skewer sticks.
- Heat the balance 1 tablespoon of mustard oil on a non-stick tava (griddle) and sauté the paneer tikkas on all sides till they are lightly browned (approximately 4 to 5 minutes).
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan, add the cumin seeds, cloves and bay leaf and stir.
- When the seeds crackle, add the rice, turmeric powder and salt and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of hot water. Cover and cook over a slow flame for 10 to 15 minutes till the rice is cooked. Keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, cloves, cashewnuts and oil with ¼ cup water and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- Blend to a smooth purée in a liquidiser. Strain the purée through a sieve and keep aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the strained purée, chilli powder, cream, garam masala, kasuri methi
- Cut the capsicum into 2 halves horizontally, scoop out the seeds to create an empty shell.
- Parboil the capsicum in salted water, drain and keep aside.
- Combine the corn, peas, cumin seed powder, coriander and salt and mix
- Fill this mixture in the capsicum halves and keep aside till required.
- Heat 2 sizzler plates over an open flame till they are red hot and place them on their respective wooden trays.
- Arrange half the warm yellow rice in the centre of each cast iron plate.
- Place one stuffed capsicum on one side of each sizzler plate.
- Top with 2 skewers of the paneer tikkas.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients on the other sizzler plate to make another sizzler.
- Pour the oil-water mixture over the cast iron plates for a sizzling effect.
- Serve immediately with the makhani sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.