Oriental Stir-fry Vegetables in Peanut Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 285 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14889 times
This dish is unmistakably Oriental, through and through! A colourful assortment of veggies is stir-fried to give it a delectable crunch that only perfect stir-frying can achieve.
Noodles topped with these crispy veggies, succulent paneer and a tongue-tickling peanut sauce makes a satiating one dish meal within minutes. The sweet and sour peanut sauce used in this recipe is a quick-fix made using peanut butter, tamarind pulp and other ingredients. It is quite convenient and easy to make.
You can stir-fry the veggies, prepare the noodles and the peanut sauce ahead of time. However, assemble the Oriental Stir-Fry Vegetables in Peanut Sauce just before serving. You might have to re-heat the sauce and veggies before doing so.
- Boil ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, add the peanut butter, soya sauce, tamarind pulp, jaggery and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and sauté on a high flame for few seconds.
- Add the beans sprouts, red cabbage, carrot and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer, salt and pepper, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the peanut sauce and stir fry vegetables.
- Place half the rice noodles on a serving plate.
- Top it with half the stir fry vegetables.
- Finally put half the peanut sauce evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 1 more serving.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1268.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||17.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||5.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.