Onion Paratha Recipe, Pyaaz Ka Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13518 times
The Onion Paratha is a simple, everyday recipe that is nevertheless a wonderful treat for the palate. The masaledar stuffing of crunchy onions, perked up with green chillies and a range of spice powders, makes every bite a thrilling experience.
You will surely enjoy the crackling mouth-feel and sparkling flavour of this dish. Yet, it is surprisingly quick and employs simple methods and everyday ingredients, so you can include it as part of your everyday cookbook.
Serve it for breakfast or lunch , with a cup of curds. You can also try the Parathas Stuffed with Vegetables and Cheese or Papad Stuffed Parathas .
- Combine the whole wheat flour, oil, carom seeds and salt in a deep bowl and knead it into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the onions, green chillies, coriander, garam masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll again into a circle of 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using a ½ tsp of oil until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.