Omelette Sandwich On A Tawa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3740 times
A sumptuous and super-tasty dish, the Omelette Sandwich on Tawa brings together the best of two all-time favourite snacks.
A fabulous omelette is cooked and sandwiched with cheese between two slices of buttered, chutney-lined bread slices, and then toasted on a tava to a crispy golden brown. Buttery, cheesy and crisp, with a succulent omelette filling, this sandwich is a dream come true for every egg-lover.
Have it for breakfast or as an evening snack . You can also try other egg recipes like the Masala Omelette or Masala Omelette .
- Combine the eggs, salt and pepper in a deep bowl and whisk well using a fork.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat 1 tsp of butter in a small broad non-stick pan, pour the egg mixture, cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Turnover and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Fold the omelette and cut it into half using the spatula. Keep aside.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean dry surface, apply ½ tsp of butter and 1 tsp of green chutney on each bread slice.
- Place half of the omlette on one buttered-chutney side and 1 cheese slice over it.
- Cover it with the another bread slice with the buttered –chutney side facing downwards and press lightly.
- Apply ½ tsp of butter on it and spread it evenly.
- Heat ½ tsp of butter on a non-stick tava (griddle), place the prepared sandwich on it with the buttered side facing upwards and cook on a medium flame till both sides turn crispy and golden brown in colour.
- Repeat steps 6 to 10 to make 1 more sandwich.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per sandwiche
|Vitamin A||1022.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||33.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||65.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.