Nariyal Vadi, Naralachi Vadi, Maharashtrian Coconut Mithai
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7338 times
A crunchy coconut treat with a sugary rush, this Nariyal Vadi is a Maharashtrian mithai that is worth trying in this festive season.
It is easy to make but tastes just awesome – the creamy crunch of coconut is combined with the charm of mixed nuts and the rich aroma of ghee to make an intoxicatingly sweet mithai.
Use soft, freshly-grated coconut and not refrigerated or frozen ones. That too, you must grate only the white portion of the coconut and not go up to the brown portion near the shell.
A handy and tasty treat that can be made for any festival, this Nariyal Vadi can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days, ready to be relished by your family, friends and guests!
You can also try your hand at making other mithai like Anjeer Halwa or Kaju Kopra Sheera .
- Combine the coconut, sugar and ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 10 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Immediately pour into a greased 275 mm. ( 7”) diameter thali and spread it lightly.
- Cut them immediately into 12 equal pieces using a sharp knife, sprinkle the mixed nuts evenly over them and press it lightly.
- Keep aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values per piece
|Vitamin A||10.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.