by Tarla Dalal
Added to 36 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 64194 times
ShakkarPara is one of the most popular jar snacks, in households across the country. It is known by different names but is loved by all. Since it is easy to make, it is also made in large volumes, especially during festive occasions like Diwali, when it is served along with tea to friends and family who visit. ShakarPara can be made sweet or savoury. Here is a tongue-tickling Namkeen ShakarPara, which is perked up with curds, sesame seeds, spice powders and fenugreek leaves. This large and thoughtful assortment of ingredients boosts the flavour of the ShakarPara so much that it becomes difficult to stop munching on this delightful farsaan.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a stiff dough using approx. 1 tbsp of water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7") diameter circle.
- Prick the surface with a fork at regular intervals.
- Cut into 25 mm. (1") diamond shaped pieces.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry the namkeen shakkarparas, on a slow flame till they turn golden brown in colour and crisp from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make more namkeen shakkarparas in 4 more batches.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
- You do not require any flour for rolling, but if necessary a little oil can be used for rolling.
- Can be stored in air tight container for 15 days and can be given to kids in their tiffin also.
Namkeen Shakkarpara Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||639.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.