Mushroom kofta in tomato gravy
by Devangi Raval
This recipe has been viewed 5880 times
Add your private note
Mushroom kofta in tomato gravy recipe - How to make Mushroom kofta in tomato gravy
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Finely chopped spinach
Finely chopped garlic
1 cup crushed cottage cheese
6-7 big tomatoes
3-4 sticks cinnamon
2 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp ginger paste 3 to 4 green chillies
1 tsp black peppercorns
1 cup of cashew nuts
1/2 tbsp wheat flour
1 tsp corn flour
1 tsp cumin seed powder
A pinch of cinnamon powder
1/2 cup of cream 1 tsp chilli powder
2 tbsp desi ghee
For the filling:
2 tsp ginger paste
1 cup white button mushrooms
8-10 finely chopped green chillies 1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp honey
Cooking oil salt to taste water as required
- Wash and chop spinach leaves. take oil in a pan, add garlic, spinach and salt.
- Remove and add paneer, corn flour, wheat flour and salt. mix it with spinach and make dough. flatten the dough and make small koftas.
- For the filling:
- Take oil in a pan, add ginger paste, green chillies, finely chopped white button mushrooms and salt. saute and remove from fire.
- Add lemon juice and honey and mix well.
- Now put the filling inside the koftas, seal the edges and fry them.
- For the tomato gravy:
- Chop the green chillies. cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Take desi ghee in a pan, add cinnamon, garlic paste, ginger paste, black pepper corns, tomatoes and salt and saute.
- Now add water and leave it to simmer. once the puree is completely cooked, leave it to cool and extract the juice.
- Take oil in a pan, fry cashew nuts. mix them with cold water and grind them to make a soft paste.
- Heat desi ghee in a pan and add garlic paste and ginger paste. when garlic turns brown, add tomato puree, cashew paste and cumin seed powder.
- Stir and leave it to simmer.
- Now add cinnamon powder, cream and red chilli powder. stir well and add the koftas.
- Cook for some time and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Devangi Raval on 28 Mar 2008I am Devangi Raval, living in USA. I am married to my handsome husband who is always at the receivin...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.