Mushroom and Tomato Snack
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 283 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22264 times
Mushroom and Tomato Snack, a treat for all mushroom lovers! Slices of whole wheat bread topped with a succulent mushroom stir-fry with onions and tomatoes, and spiced up with red chilli flakes. . . What more can one ask for! Oregano imparts an Italian touch to this snack, which has been sautéed in a non-stick pan to cut down on the oil used for cooking.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms, chilli flakes, oregano and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cut each toasted bread slice diagonally into two and spread a portion of the prepared mixture on each piece.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.