Moong Dal and Rice Mini Pakodas
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2122 times
Here is a crunchy-munchy chatpata snack that is sure to make you drool! A coarse batter of moong dal and rice is combined with crunchy veggies like spring onions and a dash of garlic paste to lift the flavour.
The batter is deep-fried to make crisp, golden-coloured fritters that none can resist. Each crispy bite leads to a soft and textured centre, which is bursting with the spiciness of chillies, onion and garlic.
You need to make sure the batter is coarse and fry it on a medium flame till the fritters are super crispy. It is also essential to serve the Moong Dal and Rice Mini Pakodas immediately as it tends to get hard and chewy after a while.
You can also try other pakodas like the Cabbage Pakoda or Moong Dal Pakoda .
- Combine the yellow moong dal and rice in a deep bowl with enough water for 1 hour. Drain well.
- Blend in a mixer till coarse without using water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl , all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, drop spoonful of the mixture using your fingers and deep-fry a few pakodas at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||60.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||33.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.