Mini Oats Khakhra
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15864 times
mini oats khakhra recipe | quick and easy oats khakhra | healthy oats khakhra |
sesame oats khakhra is a healthy snack which is a wise substitute to fried jar snacks. Learn how to make mini oats khakhra.
Quick and easy oats khakhra gets healthier and tastier due to addition of oats to whole wheat flour and crunchy sesame seeds. Oats provide energy and protein to the kids along with a good amount of fibre while sesame seeds add iron to their meals.
These oats khakhra are suitable for diabetic snack, healthy heart breakfast and PCOS breakfast. With minimal amounts of salt added, even those with high blood pressure can relish them.
To make mini oats khakhra, combine oats flour, wheat flour, sesame seeds, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and oil in a bowl and knead into a firm dough using a little water. Divide into 12 portions and roll each portion into a 3” diameter circle. Heat a tava and cook the khakhras till they turn crisp from both sides, while pressing with a muslin cloth.
Tips for mini oats khakhra. 1. Wheat flour can be replaced with jowar flour. 2. Sesame seeds can be replaced with flax seeds for additional fiber. 3. Cook the khakhras only on a slow flame so they cook well and turn crispy. 4. Use a muslin cloth or a khakhra press to apply pressure on the khakhra so they cook from the insides too.
Make the healthy and tasty oats khakhra in batches and store them in an air-tight container to serve them to your kids at any time of the day they feel hungry.
Learn to make mini oats khakhra recipe | quick and easy oats khakhra | healthy and tasty oats khakhra | sesame oats khakhra | with step by step photos and video below.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a firm dough using a little water.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 75 mm. (3") diameter thin circle, using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each khakhra on a slow flame till pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Continue cooking the khakhra on a slow flame, while pressing with a folded muslin cloth, till it turns crisp and brown from both the sides.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
- To get ½ cup of oats flour, grind ½ cup of quick cooking rolled oats in a mixer and use as required.
Mini Oats Khakhra (Iron Rich Recipe for Kids) Video by Tarla dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per mini khakhra
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.