Mini Jowar Apple and Walnut Pancake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10480 times
These iron-laden pancakes are a smart and healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth during pregnancy. A batter of jowar flour is fortified with apples and nuts, and sweetened with jaggery to make delicious Mini Jowar Apple and Walnut Pancakes, which are not only sweet but also excitingly textured and very aromatic too.
Jowar, walnuts, almonds and jaggery are all rich in iron, while unpeeled apples give you a dose of fibre and other nutrients too. Remember to wash the apples well before adding to the batter, as they are used with the peel.
If you are looking out for more nutritious iron rich recipes for pregnancy check these out Chawli Masoor Dal , Nachni Ladoos , Cauliflower Greens and Besan Muthia , Ragi and Oat Crackers and Matki and Jowar Paratha .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick mini uttapa pan and grease it with ¼ tsp of ghee.
- When hot, pour a spoonful of batter in each of the 7 uttapa moulds and spread it evenly to make a 75 mm. (3”) diameter round.
- Cook all the pancakes, using 1 tsp of ghee, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 14 more pancakes in 2 more batches.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per mini pancake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.