by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 277 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22945 times
A sweet and tangy Marwari chutney made of dried mango slices with a predominant flavour of dried ginger powder (soonth). This is also called Navratna chutney.
Other chutneys to enjoy with snacks are Guava Chutney , Tomato Chutney and Kacchi Keri Ni Chutney .
- Soak the dates and cashewnuts in warm water.
- In a pan, combine the mango slices, jaggery and sugar with 1 cup of water and simmer for 20 minutes till the mango slices are soft.
- Cool completely and purée into a fine paste.
- Drain the soaked dates and cashewnuts. Deseed and chop the dried dates.
- Add all the ingredients into the puréed chutney mixture and mix well.
- Use as required. Store refrigerated.
- Dried mango slices are available at most grocers. You can subsitute the slices with approximately 2 to 3 tablespoons amchur powder.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.