Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13193 times
Add your private note
Masala khichdi recipe - How to make Masala khichdi
Cooking Time: Total Time:
1 1/2 cup rice1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
4 - 5 curry leaves
3-4 green chillies (finely chopped)
1 medium onion(not chopped but in small pieces)
1 medium tomatoe
1/4 inch ginger finely shredded1 tsp chilli powder salt to taste
- Dissolve rice in water for 30 minutes before cooking.
- 1.in a pressure cooker, put oil, jeera, curry pata, green chillies, onion(not chopped but in small pieces)
- 2.stir this mixture for 5 mins till it gets pink.
- 3. then put tomatoes, ginger, red chilli powder,salt to taste,little haldi and whistle it.
- 4. put 4-5 whistles.
- *** after you put tomatoes add little water in the mixture.
- 5. open cooker, add rice, put little water. the water should cover the rice level.
- 6. whistle 2 times , simmer the gas.
- 7. after 5 minutes open the cooker. if rice is not soft add little water and boil it.
- Taste the salt and then serve.
This recipe was contributed by rags2576 on 17 Jun 2007Hi. My name is Raakhi Rupani and I run a printing press in Dubai. I like networking and making new f...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.