Makai Mooli and Methi Paratha, Punjabi Breakfast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2191 times
The dazzling combo of methi and mooli makes this paratha a super-hit! Both radish and fenugreek leaves are ingredients with rare and unique flavours, including a bit of bitterness that is actually pleasing to taste.
So, this paratha does not need too many spices to perk up its flavour. A little bit of common ingredients to balance the flavour, and that’s it, you have an awesome paratha that is ideal to have for breakfast.
As this paratha is made with maize flour, it has a different mouth-feel too, which everyone will relish. The Makai Mooli and Methi Paratha is a popular breakfast recipe in the Punjab region.
It can be served simply with curds and pickles. Try other Punjabi Breakfast recipes like Aloo Kulcha or Gobi Paratha .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Take 1 plastic sheet and lightly grease it with ¼ tsp of oil.
- Flatten 1 portion of the dough on it and cover with another plastic sheet.
- Lightly roll on the plastic sheet with a rolling pin to make a 125 mm. (5”) diameter round.
- Lift the paratha with the plastic sheets, peel off the top plastic sheet and invert the paratha on a hot non-stick tava (griddle). Finally peel off the other plastic sheet as well.
- Cook, using 1 tsp of oil, till it is golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve immediately with fresh curds and pickle.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.