Macaroni Hot Pot
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 525 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 145534 times
Macroni Hot Pot, a tiffin treat that tops children’s “must have list”, this dish makes a complete healthy meal with toasted bread. Remember to pack extra portions!
This baked dish is a tasty one-dish meal, it's an age old popular recipe and is just perfect for a quick dinner, no hassle of making a pasta sauce. It needs two major ingredients- macaroni and baked beans, and these are combined with onions, capsicum and oregano, topped with cheese and baked.
Make this dish when you have guests for dinner, will be a sure hit with young and old alike.
You can check out our microwave version of this recipe Macaroni Hot Pot ( Microwave Recipe ).
Check out our collection of delectable casseroles and bakes recipes that are sure to win everybody’s hearts.
Enjoy how to make Macaroni Hot Pot recipe with detailed step by step photos and video.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Remove half of the onion and capsicum rings for the topping and keep aside.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, baked beans, macaroni, oregano, tomato ketchup and salt, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and spread it evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Arrange the prepared onion and capsicum rings on top and sprinkle the cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 15 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||744.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||56 mg|
|Folic Acid||54.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.