Creamy Macaroni with Broccoli
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 267 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49773 times
No Neapolitan meal is ever complete without a dish of macaroni. Macaroni was invented in this region and the word today has almost become generic for dried pasta. Although known elsewhere in Italy as "maccheroni", macaroni is the spelling used in Naples and throughout Europe. Macaroni tossed in a cream and cheese sauce with fresh broccoli is a delightful recipe. Toss and serve this pasta immediately, as it does not taste very well when it is re-heated.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the broccoli and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the basil, milk, cream and cheese, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt and pepper and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the macaroni and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Creamy Macaroni With Broccoli Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.