Low Cal Chivda
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 692 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 129293 times
A delectable snack made with flaked rice seasoned with a right blend of spices. Use a thin variety of poha commonly known as "nylon poha", to make a crispier snack. This chivda can be stored in an air-tight container for several days. This guilt-free chivda is a good option for a mid-morning or an evening snack.
- Roast the poha and peanuts in a non-stick pan, stirring occasionally till the poha is crisp (approx. 3 to 4 minutes).
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, green chillies, curry leaves and roasted chana dal and stir.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the roasted poha and peanuts, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.