Lilva Kachori, Winter Fresh Toovar Kachori
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32878 times
Lilva Kachori is a traditional kachori made with a stuffing of fresh toovar and green peas perked up with ginger and green chillies.
A dash of lemon adds to the chatpata taste of the stuffing, making this a really exciting snack to bite into on a cold winter’s day.
The flaky and crisp kachori with an excitingly spicy stuffing, is a must-try recipe in the winter months, when fresh toovar is available in the markets.
You can also try other kachori recipes like Khasta Kachori Chaat , and Mawa Kachori .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and rub in between your palms to form a breadcrumbs like mixture.
- Knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Combine the fresh toovar and green peas in a mixer and blend till coarse. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder, ginger and green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the coarsely blended toovar and green pea mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander, lemon juice, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle without using any flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the stuffing in the centre.
- Bring together all the sides, seal it tightly , pinching in the center.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 11 more kachoris.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame and deep-fry, 3 kachoris at a time on a slow flame for 8 minutes, turning them in between till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 7 to deep-fry the remaining 9 more kachoris.
- Serve immediately with green garlic chutney.
Nutrient values per kachori
|Vitamin A||126.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.