Lebanese Toasted Sandwich with Spicy Garlic Hummus
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6085 times
Here is a unique sandwich, which brings together a range of exotic veggies, a spicy garlic hummus, and toasted whole wheat bread.
The combination of ingredients is such that you get the best of taste and mouth-feel! The bread slices are lined with spicy garlic hummus, which has a more tongue-tingling flavour when compared to regular hummus.
This adds josh to the sandwich, while also giving it a unique Lebanese touch. The tangy, spicy, creamy hummus is also extremely easy to make, making this sandwich an absolutely no-fuss recipe.
You can serve the Lebanese Toasted Sandwich with Spicy Garlic Hummus as a tea time treat, or you can cut it up into quarters and even serve it as an innovative starter at parties !
When you are in the mood for hummus, you can also try other treats like Toasted Hummus Sandwich with Vegetables and Thecha Hummus .
- Combine the kabuli chana, curds, red chilli paste, garlic, olive oil and approx. 2 tbsp of water in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Place two toasted bread slices on a clean dry surface.
- Put 1 tbsp of the spicy garlic hummus on each toasted bread slice and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of jalapenos and 1 tsp of black olives on one toast.
- Put 4 tomato slices, 6 cucumber slices and sprinkle a little salt and pepper powder evenly over it.
- Cover it with other slice with the spicy garlic hummus side facing downwards and press lightly.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 4 more sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich diagonally into 2 halves.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandwiche
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.