Layered Fruity Custard
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 90 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 109710 times
An easy and quick dessert that you can surprise your kids with at dinner! We will let you in on a secret – adults will love this too! Crunchy, husky digestive biscuits offer a perfect base for colourful, tangy fruits and creamy custard sauce. Strawberry jelly and almond slivers are like the cherry on the pie, offering a final irresistible touch to the Layered Fruity Custard.
- Combine the custard powder and 1 tbsp milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Boil the remaining milk in a deep non-stick pan, add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the custard powder – milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the vanilla essence and mix well and refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes.
- Divide the custard sauce into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Put ¼ cup of crushed digestive biscuits in a tall serving glass.
- Add ¾ cup of mixed fruits evenly over it.
- Pour a portion of the prepared custard sauce evenly over it.
- Finally put ¼ cup of jelly over it and sprinkle ½ tbsp of almond slivers.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 1 more glass.
- Serve immediately
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.