Kokum Sherbet, Kokam Sharbat Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 54 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38529 times
Trust a glassful of this Kokum Sherbet to instantly refresh you, the desi way. Full of tang and spice, this tongue-tickling sherbet has strong notes of cumin and black salt that complement the tanginess of kokum beautifully.
In this recipe, we show you how to cook the kokum quickly in the Microwave oven and prepare Kokum Sherbet easily at home. Keep a bottle of this sherbet concentrate in the Refrigerator
fridge, so you can dilute it and have pure homemade sherbet whenever you wish to, instead of using readymade syrups.
Also check out for more refreshing drink recipes like Minty Mango Delight , Angoor ka Sherbat , Chaas , Coconut Water with Coconut Meat , Khus Lime Float and Lime Cup .
- Combine the kokum and 1 cup of water in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Drain the kokum-water mixture and keep the kokum and the drained water aside.
- Combine the kokum and ½ cup of drained kokum water in a mixer and blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and ½ cup water in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 8 minutes, stirring once in between after 4 minutes.
- Add the prepared kokum paste and mix well.
- Strain it using a sieve and keep the kokum-sugar mixture aside and discard the kokum remains.
- Add the cumin seed powder, black salt and citric acid to the kokum-sugar mixture and mix well.
- Just before serving, put 2 tbsp of the prepared kokum mixture in glass and pour ½ cup of chilled water over it.
- Serve immediately.
- Cool the kokum-sugar mixture completely and store refrigerated in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.