by Dhara Mehta
This recipe has been viewed 1170 times
Try making these pedas with fresh homemade khoya and it will be sure hit with your guests .Making khoya at home will take 40-45mins but the freshness and purity will compel you to make it at home next time .
- Use a thick bottomed pan and boil milk on high flame with intermittent stir.
- When one boil comes reduce the flame to medium heat and let it boil for 25-30 mins with stirring in between .
- Make sure that milk doesn't stick to the bottom.Scrape the sides of the pan too .
- When all the liquid is dried up and when u get a lump or gathered mass of khoya put off the heat and transfer the khoya in plate.
- After it is cooled it will be a bit hard .
- Heat ghee in another pan and khoya and roast it until light pink on slow to medium flame
- After the ghee separates from the sides put off the heat and let it cool.
- After about 7-8mins when you can handle khoya in your palms add rest of Ingridients and mix well.
- Make equal sized balls and flatten them so that they form thick discs.
- Use almonds for decoration in centre .
This recipe was contributed by Dhara Mehta on 25 Oct 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.