by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 39 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18885 times
A khichadi layered with a potato vegetable topped with tempered curds makes a meal by itself.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds to it. When they crackle, add the onions and fry for some time till they turn translucent.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, ¼ cup water and salt and cook for some more time.
- Add the curds, mix well and keep aside.
- Whisk the curds with salt and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds to it.
- When they crackle, add the curry leaves and pour over the curds. Mix well. Keep aside.
- Warm the khichadi and put it in a serving dish.
- Top with the potato vegetable.
- Spread the tempered curds evenly on top and sprinkle chilli powder over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 5 minutes or microwave for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||292.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||22.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.