Kesar Elaichi Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 198 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31995 times
Rich and lusciously textured ice-cream made of the perfect combination of milk, milk powder and cream is sweetened just right and perked up with two of India’s most favourite and traditional flavours – kesar and elaichi. Popularly used in everything from kheer to sweets and milk shakes, these fantastic desi flavours make this ice-cream appeal to all, including elders! Enjoy it after a hearty meal, and lose yourself in its rich aroma and indulgent texture.
- Combine 1 cup of milk, milk powder and cornflour in a bowl and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Dissolve the saffron in ¼ cup of warm milk and keep aside.
- Combine the remaining ¾ cup of milk, sugar, saffron-milk mixture and cardamom powder, mix well in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, milk powder and cornflour mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the fresh cream, mix well and pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.