by Tarla Dalal
Added to 108 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40744 times
The very prefix of "kadai" is a qualifier for a recipe. . . You can be almost sure you are in for a rich, scrumptious feast! this special dish, which is a low cal variation of the original recipe, is just as tasty as the high calorie original version. Sliced capsicum make the dish look rather "pretty" and colourful! kasuri methi infuses an interesting flavour to the dish. You can make it at home: just clean, wash and sun-dry the fenugreek leaves for 2-3 days and kasuri methi is ready. If you keep it refrigerated in an air-tight bottle, you can use it for months! since it is dried and the flavour is concentrated, it is to be used only in small quantities. Relish with low cal accompaniments like phulka, missi rotis or occasionally if you are feeling indulgent with soya puris.
- Heat the soya oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the ginger-garlic paste and onions and sauté till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, garam masala and dried fenugreek leaves and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée and ¼ cup of water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the capsicum, tofu, sugar, cream, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix lightly and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.