Hyderabadi Lauki Kheer with Mini Rasgullas
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8193 times
Here is a traditional Hyderabadi delicacy, which is served at weddings and other grand functions. This unique kheer is made with lauki but you will never be able to guess that when you taste it!
Cooked with milk and mawa, and garnished with nuts, the lauki kheer has a fabulously rich mouth-feel and even richer flavour!
Rasgullas add another interesting dimension to this amazing dessert, while a tinge of rose adds to its irresistible appeal.
The Hyderabadi Lauki Kheer with Mini Rasgullas tastes best chilled, so you can prepare it in the afternoon, refrigerate it and serve it after dinner. Make sure you grate the bottle gourd just before adding it to the milk to avoid discolouration.
Try other lauki recipes like Doodhi ka Halwa and Budijaw, Burmese Doodhi Snack .
- Heat milk in a deep non-stick pan, and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the bottle gourd, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar and mawa, mix well and cook on slow flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cashewnuts, pistachios and melon seeds, mix well and cook on slow flame for 1 minute , while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Add the rose essence and rasgullas, mix well and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.