How To Make Homemade Skimmed Milk
by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 3076 times
Many people like to do their stuff themselves – some for kicks, some for the satisfaction of making it in their own kitchen, some for hygiene reasons and others because they like the quality of homemade foods.
So, while skimmed milk is readily available in the market, here’s a recipe for those who want to make it at home in their own kitchen.
It’s a bit time consuming as the process of skimming the fat has to be repeated twice, but you get good, tasty fat-free milk. This homemade skimmed milk, which is devoid of fat and low in sodium, is healthy even for those with high blood pressure and heart diseases.
You can also try Homemade Almond Milk Made with Soaked Almonds or Homemade Oat Milk .
- Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cool slightly and remove the cream form the top. And as and when it comes to room temperature keep removing the cream, from the top till the milk cools completely.
- Once cooled completely, cover with a lid and refrigerate it for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove the cream from the top.
- Now again bring the milk to room temperature and follow steps 1 and 2 and now the milk is without any fat and can be used as a skimmed milk recipe.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.