Hariyali Matki Khichdi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26247 times
Appealing to look at, and soothing to taste, this Hariyali Matki Khichdi is chock-full of nutrients served in an irresistibly delicious form. This wholesome khichdi combines rice, moath beans and whole spices with a green paste comprised of coriander, green chillies, coconut, etc., resulting in a dish that delights the palate and satiates the tummy!
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the cardamom, peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon and bayleaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared green paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the rice, matki and 3 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve immediately with fresh curds.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||688.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||15.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.