Garlic Croutons, Crunchy Garlic Crouton Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 109 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18179 times
Here is a spicy and crunchy version of the all-time favourite bread croutons, which are served with soups and salads all over the world! We have deep-fried the croutons and tossed them in butter along with garlic and chilli powder.
This gives the Crunchy Garlic Croutons a buttery and spicy taste, which is so amazing that you will be tempted to have them as a standalone snack even without soup, pasta or salad! Make a batch of these Garlic Croutons when you find time and store them in an airtight container, ready to serve with Cream of Tomato Soup , Caesar Salad or any other appetizers of your choice.
- Cut the bread slices into cubes
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, deep-fry a few bread pieces till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic paste and chilli powder and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the deep-fried bread cubes and toss well.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||372 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.