by Tarla Dalal
Added to 72 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16161 times
Well marinated seasonal fruit skewered and grilled in the oven, then flambeed with rum makes a very colourful low calorie dessert.
- Place all the fruits in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, rind and honey.
- Pour this mixture over the fruits and leave to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lift the fruits out of the marinade and arrange different fruits alternately onto 8 small thin skewers.
- Place the skewers in an ovenproof baking dish and grill in a preheated oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Warm the rum in a big spoon, set alight and pour over the skewers.
- Serve at once.
- You can use the strawberries, peaches, bananas, pineapples, black grapes as the fruits.
- Arrange contrasting colored fruits next to each other so that the brochettes look visually appealing.
- You can also use tooth picks instead of skewers.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.