Fresh Green Garlic Pancakes, Winter Fresh Green Garlic Pancakes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8806 times
These are yummy rice pancakes with the vibrant flavour of green garlic! Green garlic has a lovely, balanced flavour which is noticeable but not overpowering like the dried ones.
This makes green garlic suitable to be used as a key ingredient in recipes like this. Together with green chillies and coriander, fresh green garlic gives these pancakes a really enjoyable and exciting taste.
Make small-sized pancakes, so you can cook two or three pancakes at a time in one tava. You can serve these Fresh Green Garlic Pancakes with peppy green chutney and tomato ketchup.
When green garlic is in season, you might also like to try other recipes like Fresh Green Garlic Pickle and Hare Lehsun ki Subzi .
- Combine all ingredients, except the rice flour and oil and blend in a mixer using 2½ cups of water till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the rice flour and add approx. 1 cup of water, mix very well using a whisk.
- Grease a non-stick tava (griddle) with little oil, pour a spoonful of batter to make a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle pancake. Cook using a little oil till it turns golden brown in colour form both the sides.
- Repeat step 3 to make 29 more pancakes.
- Serve immediately with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per pancake
|Vitamin A||50.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.