French Fries Topped with Pizza Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2851 times
When dining out as a group, French Fries and Pizzas are amongst the first orders that come to our mind, thanks to the universal appeal of these dishes.
Well, this truly innovative recipe brings together the best of both to make a wonderful starter that everybody will love. In this off-beat creation, crispy French Fries are topped with tangy and tasty pizza sauce, to get a flavour-packed treat.
Rich with the aroma of herbs and seasonings, this homemade pizza sauce is a real treat for the palate. You can make it in advance to save time. But, make sure you fry the French Fries just before serving.
Quickly heat the pizza sauce and then assemble the dish. Serve the French Fries Topped with Pizza Sauce immediately, to enjoy the crunch of the Fries.
French Fries are really versatile and can also be served in other forms like Masala French Fries and Spicy Creamy French Fries .
- Make criss-cross on the base of the tomatoes and place them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or till the skin begins to peel.
- Drain the tomatoes, cool slightly, peel, deseed and roughly chop them and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared tomato pulp, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few fries at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Sprinkle salt and pepper and toss gently.
- Arrange the french fries on a serving plate, pour the hot pizza sauce on top and finally sprinkle the cheese evenly over it,.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||590 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||34.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||37 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.