Masala French Fries ( Burgers and Smoothies Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 42 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20976 times
The otherwise simple french fries takes on a very zingy feel when tossed with a horde of indian masalas like chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, salt and black salt, making it a truly wonderful combination for burgers. Always deep-fry french fries on a medium flame as too slow a flame will make them soggy while a high flame will not cook uniformly.
- Boil a vesselful of water with a little salt. Add the potato fingers and parboil them for 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, black salt and salt in a small bowl and keep the masala mixture aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, and deep-fry the potato fingers a few at a time on a medium flame till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper, sprinkle the masala mixture over it and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
- For really crisp french fries, use the variety of potatoes with a higher starch content popularly known as french fries potatoes/chip potatoes. In maharashtra, they are called talegaon potatoes.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||249 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||17 mg|
|Folic Acid||17 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.