Eggless Black Forest Cake, Black Forest Cake Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 82 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 105515 times
Do you generally end up ordering Black Forest Cake from the baker’s because you think it takes too long to make? Next time, just bring home (or make by yourself) a chocolate sponge, and you can prepare the Black Forest Cake right in your kitchen and that too within minutes.
The sugar-soaked cake gets a creamy twist and tangy notes from the layer of whipped cream and cherries, while it derives a none-can-refuse-me look from the garnish of chocolate curls and juicy cherries. Go for dark chocolate curls, for additional eye appeal.
Serve this delicious cake on occassions like Christmas , Children's Day , Valentine's Day and Thanksgiving to make them all the more special.
- Combine the sugar and water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Place the chocolate cake on a turntable and slice it horizontally into 3 equal layers. Keep aside.
- Place the bottom layer of the chocolate cake on the turntable and soak it with 2 tbsp of the soaking syrup.
- Spread 1 cup of whipped cream evenly on the soaked layer of the cake with the help of a spatula.
- Arrange half of the canned cherries at equal distance over it.
- Repeat the steps 2 to 4 to make 1 more layer on top.
- Finally place the topmost layer of the cake on top and soak it with the remaining soaking syrup.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream evenly on top and at the sides of the cake with the help of a spatula.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the chocolate curls on top of the cake leaving 1 inch from the circumference of the cake.
- Gently pat the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate curls evenly along the sides of the cake.
- Place the whole canned cherries evenly along the circumference of the cake and refrigerate till use.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.