Drumstick Vegetable Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 68 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 92581 times
Only Indian cuisine can boast of such a variety! Take any vegetable and there will be hundreds of ways in which it can be prepared. Here is an irresistible recipe featuring aromatic and flavourful drumstick together with besan in a tomato-based curry flavoured and tempered with traditional spices and powders.
Since this drumstick vegetable curry includes a significant amount of besan, try to serve it immediately on preparation to retain the freshness.
Serve with rotis or parathas .
- Roast the besan on a tava (griddle) for 4 to 5 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour.
- Cool slightly, add 2 cups of water and mix well till the besan dissolves completely. Keep aside.
- Boil a vesselful of water along with salt. Add the drumstick pieces and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till they turn soft. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the ginger, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for another 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the boiled drumsticks, besan-water mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1281.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||3.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||104.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||181.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.