Drumstick Leaves Dry Sabji, South Indian Style Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11459 times
This South Indian style subzi will enable you to appreciate the naturally interesting taste of drumstick leaves, because it does not use heavy masalas.
Just a traditional tempering and a mixture of coconut and minimal spices is enough to accentuate the taste of drumstick leaves. Make sure you get tender drumstick leaves from the market – these not only cook fast, but also have a pleasant, slightly-sweet, slightly-bitter flavour.
Serve the Drumstick Leaves Dry Subzi with rice and dal . You can also try other recipes like Paneer Sabji, Kadai or Onion and Karela Subzi .
- Combine the coconut, cumin seeds, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garlic and salt in a plate and mix well using your hands. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadai, add the mustard seeds and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the drumstick leaves and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of water, mix well and cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared coconut mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||2101.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||69.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.