· Drumstick leaves are used in dals, kormas and sambhars.
· They are often fried with eggs.
· They are added to variety of curry dishes by mixing with coconut, poppy seeds, and mustard.
· Tender drumstick leaves, finely chopped, make an excellent garnish for any vegetable dishes, dals, sambars, salads.
· They are also added to chicken dishes.
How to store drumstick leaves, saragva bhaji, saijan ki bhaji, Moringa leaves
Always store leaves in loose damp cloth to keep them fresh. They can be refrigerated for upto 4-5 days.
Health benefits of drumstick leaves, saragva bhaji, saijan ki bhaji, Moringa leaves
Drumstick leaves are highly nutritious. They abound in vitamin A
and vitamin C
and to our surprise they are comparatively higher in these nutrients than many other leafy vegetables. These nutrients are necessary for building immunity to fight bacteria and viruses to adding glow to skin
and maintaining healthy bouncy hair
. Further they are also a good source of protein
, which most vegetables are not. The compound niazimicin in drumstick leaves may help fight inflammation and fight cancer
cells too. These leaves are also a good source of calcium which supports bone health. Being low in calories and fat, they can be consumed by weight watchers
and heart patients