Danyachi Usal, Maharashtrian Peanut Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 127 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24875 times
A tongue-tickling and scrumptious preparation of cooked peanuts perked up with a traditional tempering and a flavourful coconut paste, the Danyachi Usal can be served with meals or separately as a tea-time snack.
Ready within 10 minutes, this satiating dish is also easy to prepare. Just make sure you serve it immediately, before the flavours of cumin, green chillies and ginger sober down.
This dish tastes absolutely delicious when served along with both rice and rotis .
- Combine the peanuts, 1 cup of water and salt in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ground paste, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the peanuts along with the water, little salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||45.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.