Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4874 times
- Peel the cucumber and grate it. retain the seeds of the cucumber but drain the cucumber water completely.
- Squeeze the cucumber to drain out additional water.
- Chop up the green chilies and coriander leaves very finely.
- Add the idli rava, green chilies, coriander leaves to grated cucumber and mix well. add salt as required.
- Even at this point if there is extra cucumber water, drain it out.
- Note that the mixture in this case will be coarse and not gooey or watery like a idli batter.
- Grease the idli stand and pour the cucumber mixture in each groove.
- Steam this in a pressure cooker without whistle for 15 minutes.
- the idli can be eaten as is. there is even no need to prepare any chutney or curry or powder.
- The idli has the right seasoning, but tastes awesome with some ghee.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#405756 on 30 Mar 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.