Crispy Fried Vegetables with Burnt Garlic
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 207 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44787 times
Everything about this Chinese dish is very special. First of all, let’s have a look at the veggies. They are crisp-fried in a batter that is perked up with dashing ingredients like ginger-garlic paste and lemon juice.
The next twist in the Crispy Fried Vegetables with Burnt Garlic, is of course, the burnt garlic. It is amazing how sautéing the garlic a little more than usual transforms it from a mere addition to the dish to a key characteristic of it.
Tossing the two together with soya sauce and spring onions gives rise to a really tongue-tickling delicacy that has an overwhelming flavour and aroma.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, dip each vegetable into the batter and deep-fry in hot oil, a few at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the spring onions, soya sauce and salt and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the crispy fried vegetables, toss gently and cook on a high flame for 1 minute, while tossing occasionally.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve immediately with schezuan sauce.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||240.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||3.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||58.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||78.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.