Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2875 times
Delicious and creamy custard made with milk, sugar, eggs and vanilla essence topped with caramel.
- Preheat oven to 180 c(350 f).brush eight 1/2 cup capacity ramekins with melted butter.
- Place sugar and water in medium pan,stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to boil,reduce heat and simmer 5 mins-10 mins or until mixture turns caramel.
- Remove from heat.pour a little hot mixture over base of prepared dishes and swirl to cover base.
- Place the milk and sugar in a pan and stir gently over low heat until sugar has diissolved.
- Whisk together eggs and vanilla essence for 2 mins,stir well in warm milk.strain mixture into jug.
- Divide eggs and milk mixture between the ramekins moulds and place them in a baking dish.
- Pour in hot water in the baking dish to come halfway up the sides.
- Bake for 30 mins.until custard is set and a knife comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool,refrigerate atleast 6 hours before serving.
- To unmould,run a knife around the edge of each custard and gently upturn onto the serving plate.
- Shake gently if necessary.
- Serve with whipped cream and strawberries if liked.
This recipe was contributed by samsyd on 22 Oct 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.