Corn and Potato Rosti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 267 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47564 times
Rosti is a potato-based dish of swiss origin, where it used to be a common breakfast especially for farmers. Here, grated potatoes are mixed with cheese and a sprinkling of green chillies and cooked covered till a good aroma wafts out of the pan. Here is a more interesting version of rosti, with some sweet corn kernels mixed in. The texture and taste of sweet corn is in contrast to that of potato, creating a much-needed balance, which makes the corn and potato rosti more appealing than the plain version.
- Combine the potatoes, corn, green chillies, cheese, salt and pepper in a deep bowl and mix well using two forks. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the potato-corn mixture, mix well and spread it evenly with help of a back of a spoon.
- Cover and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn the rosti upside down and cook on a another side for more 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||218.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||10.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.