Corn and Carrot Toast, Kid Friendly
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4456 times
Looking to add some excitement to your kids’ day? Make them a serving of this kid-friendly Corn and Carrot Toast. The sweet, juicy texture of corn and carrot is always loved by kids.
When perked up with tasty ingredients like tomatoes and onions and served atop buttery hot dog rolls, the duo gets all the more exciting.
Being an open sandwich, it has an attractive and appetizing visual appeal – and the yummy taste and texture of the Corn and Carrot Toast lives up to its tempting appearance!
You can also try other toast recipes like the Toasted Hummus Sandwich with Vegetables and Mixed Vegetable Open Toast .
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic, onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the corn, tomatoes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrot and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the topping into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Cut each hot dog roll horizontally into two halves. Brush both the sides with little butter and keep aside.
- Bake the brushed hot dog rolls in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Place them on a clean, dry surface, spread a portion of the prepared topping on each toasted hot dog roll halve.
- Finally sprinkle a little spring onion greens over them and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per open toast
|Vitamin A||297.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.