by Tarla Dalal
Added to 87 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50761 times
Nice green colour and flavour. Roast the semolina and prepare the coriander chutney the previous evening and toss up this upma quickly in the morning. Once you have this upma, you will not like plain regular upma.
- Dry roast the semolina in a broad non-stick kadhai on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour, stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the urad dal and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the roasted semolina and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the coriander chutney and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add 2½ cups of hot water and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the water evaporates, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minute.
- Cool slightly, wrap in an aluminium foil and pack in a tiffin box.
Coriander Upma Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.