Chenna Rabri, Chenna Rabdi
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 196 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28786 times
Chenna, made at home by curdling full-fat milk, is thickened and sweetened to make a delicious Chenna Rabri.
With aromatic hints of saffron and cardamom, this rabri is a delightful dessert all by itself, but adding chopped fruits to it before refrigerating makes it all the more irresistible.
While you can add any fruits to this, tangy fruits balance the sweetness of the rabdi better making the outcome more enjoyable. Serve chilled, garnished with chopped nuts.
- Combine 3 tbsp of milk and cornflour in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the saffron and little warm water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat a deep non-stick pan, add the remaining milk and allow it to boil on a medium flame for approx. 6 to 8 minutes.
- When the milk starts boiling, add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 20 to 22 minutes or till it reduces to half the quantity, while stirring occasionally.
- Combine the citric acid and little water in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the citric acid-water mixture to the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds or till it curdles slightly.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, add the saffron-water mixture, mix well and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the grapes and oranges, mix well and refrigerate for atleast 1 hour.
- Serve chilled garnished with pistachios.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.